Monday, January 7, 2013

3 Months with the Samsung Galaxy S3

You know how you always get excited when you first lay your grubby little paws on your new cellphone's box for the first time.
Then after opening, charging and finally get it up and running you realize it isn't quite as great as you thought it would be.
Somehow your imagination of what it would be like is always let down.
The last couple of years the android operating system by google has really exploded onto the scene really making a lot of phones very similar.
True every manufacturer has their own shell but in the end android is android.
So coming from another android phone, the xperia x10, I really wasn't expecting a world of change.
Sure I expected it to be faster, mainly because the x10 was slow as hell.
But the samsung not only beat it conclusively, actually it blew it out of the water, the whole experience was inexplicably better.
Even now I'm still enjoying it as if it was a new phone.
Every day I fall in love with the s3 all over again.
It really is a marvel of engineering.
And it's now an iphone copy.
I hate iphones.
I wouldn't have gone anywhere near it if anything resembled an iphone.
Admittedly the original S was an iphone copy...probably why I never liked it.
So if you can't decide which phone to get I promise you won't be sorry if you get yourself an S3.
Only complaints I've heard of is either contract related or its battery life.
But trust me short of the huge note2 there is no other smartphone with a battery that lasts much longer.
The S3's shortcomings are all common smartphone shortcomings so don't blame it on the S3.


No comments: