Thursday, August 23, 2012

Psychology...

Being a psychologist or psychiatrist really needs to be all about wanting to help people.
Truth be told all the real good ones get called quacks and the sorts.
People generally don't like hearing the truth and that's why.
Bad ones tell patients exactely what they want to hear and so get lots of credit and are widely loved.
Lies don't help anyone though.
You've got to face a truth and accept it to be able to fix it.
I look at myself and the people in my life.
I'd had to take a hard, honest look at myself to realise all the wrongs in my life.
But I accepted it and I'm doing something to change.
I don't think there is anything harder than changing the very core of who and what you are no matter how little that change.
I've changed, but I had to see a deep inner part of me I never knew existed.
I had to be broken to be able to rebuild who I am.
I had to be weak and vulnerable so that now I can be strong.

No comments: