Tuesday, December 2, 2008

House of cards

Well, after a bit of a rester from the local cricket club I've returned to play my first game of the season this weekend.
I'm all sad and stuff and things don't feel the same anymore.
I've no more real friends in the group and I generally feel a bit left out.
I've also lost my standing in the team.
After 11 years of hard work to get up the batting line-up and getting to bowl during games I've been rewarded with last position in the line-up and only touching the ball 3 or 4 times with not even a thought of bowling.
But that's life.
You work hard to put the shaky pieces all together without everything falling all apart and then something else catches your eye and right while you are turning your back the whole thing falls into a seemingly unrepairable mess.
But my friends, NOTHING is unrepairable.
With just a little faith and patience you might even built something better out of it all...Actually I'm sure you WILL build something better out of it because without you even realizing it life has taught you a couple of new tricks along the way and all you have to do is make use of it and you will quite possibly even have a hell of a ball rebuilding everything.

A thing I've realized is that one of the most important things a man need to be truly happy is a challenge in his life, a battle to be fought if that sounds more like fun.
In modern times men tend to try and avoid it.
Avoiding a fight has been imprinted into us.
Fighting is bad according to schools and parents alike, but it's made us weak.
People, you must go out there and find something that makes you feel alive!
Find a challenge, a battle to be fought, something that makes you feel alive.

I've tried my hand at another sport and turned out to be quite good, but the challenge just wasn't there.
I'd originally made this change because even though I was no superstar with a bat in hand the exccitement had gone as well.
But now that the house of cards has tumbled into chaos I feel alive again.
I've got to work my way up the ladder again.
Maybe I ain't as young and mobile as I used to be, but I've got experience on my side and I really tend to see and "sense" things that I've never had before.

I'm cutting this a bit short now, but all I'm really trying to say is that I believe that everyone should pull the bottom card right out from under their magnificent 10 story house of cards and smile as it all tumbles down...
The rebuilding will be more fun than you think and the end result will be even more magnificent that the previous one could ever have been!!!

No comments: